Who: Fun and creative adults who like traditional music
What: Traditional Music Camp
When: June 13-18, 2023
Where: The festival grounds of Wheatland Music Festival in Remus, Michigan
Why: A fun and immersive musical experience where participants of levels and abilities can learn and share in a highly supportive, comfortable, and encouraging environment
This camp is designed for adult players of all levels. Young folks able to sustain an adult level of participation are welcome (parent or guardian required for those under 18).
There is a discounted option for non-musical spouses, partners, and parents to join the fun.
Registration includes a variety of options including a FULL WEEK, DAILY OPTIONS, and EVENING ONLY OPTIONS.
Participants, partners, and parents stay onsite.
Tuition and fees include:
- Evening Entertainment
- All meals, snacks, and beverages (includes special dietary needs) from Hearty Harvest
- Camping on the Wheatland grounds
- Hot shower facilities
- Electrical hookups available for additional fee
- Generator-friendly areas available
- Note: For those not wanting to camp, please scroll further down on this page for a list of local lodging options.
Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- 3:00 p.m. Arrival
- 5:00 p.m. Orientation at the Dining Tent
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner at the Dining Tent
- 7:00 p.m. Meet and Greet the Instructors at the Dance Pavillion
- 8:00 p.m. Socialize and Open Jam
- 7:30 a.m. Coffee
- 8:00 Morning Tai Chi on the Main Stage
- 8:15 Breakfast
- 9:30 First Session of Classes
- 11:10 – 12:30 Second Session of Classes
- 12:30 – 2:00 Lunch Break
- 2:00 – 3:10 Third Session of Classes
- 3:30 – 4:50 Fourth Session of Classes
- 5:10. – 6:00 One-on-One sessions with instructors – sign up at the information booth
- 5:30 Dinner
- 7:00 Evening Activities
- 9:00 NEW: Gospel Sing in the Dining Tent
- 9:30 Father’s Day Brunch
- 10:30 Last Chance Socializing and Wrap Up Meeting
Registration for Camp and Evening Entertainment
Regular camp registration is open until June 1, 2023 ($50 additional after June 1). Participants may also choose to join the music camp for one or a few days. WMO members (members of Wheatland Music Organization) save 5% of tuition registration. In addition, camp scholarships may be available from the Elyce Fishman Scholarship to help defray the expenses.
On site, walk-in registration will be accepted at the Information Building.
Music Camp Registration
· Full Week-long Camp, June 13-18, $600
· Daily Option, one full day of camp, $160
· Partner/Guardian, includes everything EXCEPT daytime classes, $300
· Electrical Service, limited availability, $65-$100
Evening activities – jam sessions, dances, and performances – are available to the public for $10 per person per night; or $40 for all five nights. Dinner is also available for an additional $10. Evening passes are available at the Information Building beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Be sure to check in to the Summer Wheat Music Camp at the Wheatland Music Organization when posting on social media and use the hashtag #SummerWheat when making a post.
For those who are not interested in camping but want to find lodging nearby, here are some local options:
Blue Lake Motel in Mecosta, MI – Located about 11 minutes or 8 miles from Wheatland.
Outback Guest Lodge in Stanwood, MI – Located about 14 minutes or 10 miles from Wheatland and close to Canadian Lakes.
The Woods in Canadian Lakes, MI – Located about 11 minutes or 6 miles from Wheatland.
Quality Inn & Suites in Big Rapids, MI – Located about 31 minutes or 25 miles from Wheatland.
Courtyard by Marriott at Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant, MI – Located about 28 minutes or 23 miles from Wheatland.
There are more options in both Big Rapids and Mt. Pleasant, both home to a variety of hotels and bed and breakfasts.
Bluegill Lake Family Camping in Mecosta, MI – Located about 17 minutes or 11 miles from Wheatland.
School Section Lake Campground in Mecosta, MI – Located about 8 minutes or 5 miles from Wheatland
Note: Our website provides options for local lodging as a convenience to our users. However, we do not endorse or have any particular relationship with these entities. The information provided on our website is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or affiliation with any lodging options listed. Users are encouraged to conduct their own research and due diligence before making any lodging reservations.